This is a list of frequently asked questions that people tend to ask.
Why should I choose Buddha Therapies Academy?
- Buddha Therapies Academy offers professional training to practitioner level in a wide range of holistic traditional eastern Asian and western therapies.
- We deliver to small groups and individuals so training is personalised ensuring individual attention that is not found in large classes in a college situation.
- Training can be aimed at students who are new to the industry and experienced therapists or practitioners wishing to expand their knowledge.
- All courses are accredited by the Professional Beauty Guild and Guild of Holistic Therapists www.beautyguild.com so are fully insurable.
Where does training take place?
- Liverpool - Buddha Therapies Clinic or different locations named at the time of the courses running dates, mainly in Liverpool.
Can I practice professionally when I have trained with Buddha Therapies Academy?
- Yes, all courses delivered by Buddha Therapies Academy are accredited by the Professional Beauty Guild, Guild of Holistic Therapists www.beautyguild.com.
- The Guild will insure all courses run by Buddha Therapies Academy.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check for their own insurance to practice therapies.
I need CPD points, will Buddha Therapies Academy courses provide these?
- Yes, all Buddha Therapies Academy courses are awarded CPD points by the Guild.
What time do courses start and finish?
- Most one day courses start at 10.00 am, some start a little earlier, please refer to your confirmation email.
- Please arrive by 9.55 but no earlier than 9.45 to allow time for room preparation.
- Course finish time is usually around 4.00 but may vary.
- If you are the only student on the course we will finish earlier because you are practising on your model, but not practicing and swapping with another student.
- If there is an odd number of students in the class we may run over time.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- For most courses everything is provided for your course - products, towels, oils etc.
- You will receive a comprehensive manual containing all the theory and routine for the treatment you are learning.
- If you are studying Swedish Massage, Holistic Massage, Aromatherapy or Reflexology you will need to bring your certificate in Anatomy & Physiology (or equivalent).
- If you are studying Hot Stone Massage you will need to bring your certificate in massage.
- Please bring a packed lunch unless your tutor has told you that lunch can be bought nearby to the venue. Tea and coffee are provided.
- If you are doing a refresher course, you will need to bring a model, your original treatment routine and your certificate's in the treatment's you are refreshing.
- If the course is 1:1, it will still run but you will need to bring a model.
What shall I wear?
- If you have a salon uniform you can wear that, lots of students prefer to. If not, please wear comfortable clothing that allows ease of movement for giving treatments.
- If you have long hair this needs to be tied up.
- Nails should be clean, short and free of polish or extensions.
- Jewellery should be restricted to small stud earrings and a wedding band.
I'm nervous about learning something new
- It is normal to feel a little anxious before we do something completely new to us. However, our tutors are all qualified teachers and are experts in their field. They will put you at your ease and ensure that you feel comfortable in your learning.
- Relax and enjoy your course.
What happens if I can't attend the course I have booked?
- Please read Terms & Conditions
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- If you have to postpone your attendance you will be transferred to the next available course.
Is there a lot of theory to learn on the course, how much is 'hands on'?
- Buddha Therapies Academy courses are designed so that you learn essential theory including Health & Safety relevant to the subject and how to carry out a consultation. This part of the day usually takes 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- The remainder of the day/s is practical so that you can learn your routine - this involves practising giving a treatment and unless it is a one to one you will also receive a treatment while your partner practices on you.
Is there any support after the course?
- Your tutor will be available by email or phone if you have any questions after you have done the course.
Will I get my certificate on the day of the course?
- The vast majority of students will pass their course and successful students will be sent their certificate by Head Office a few days after their course.
- Occasionally a student may not pass. In this situation, case studies will be set and re-assessment arranged. There may be an extra charge for this.
Will you come to my salon to train therapists?
- Most Buddha Therapies Academy tutors will travel to do in-house training in your salon or therapy room. Travel time and fuel costs will be incurred; please discuss this with your tutor.